Sunday, July 13, 2008

2002: Luray, VA

This was an ok vacation. We actually ended up renting 2 "farmhouses" on a peacock farm. They were just a lawn apart but we couldn't find 1 house big enough for all of us in the area. We had a good time and did quite a bit on this vacation, including a day trip to Washington DC. That was a great time. Let me think...what can I remember?

~ we drove to the end of the subway line and then took the subway into DC. Spent the day there. Had wonderful weather, considering it was either late July or early August! Took a trolly tour - I recommend those. You can get on and off where you want until you get to the end of the line. A great way to get around a town you aren't familiar with.

~ we did a "mystery" time play that included all of the kids. We each got to dress up as various characters - I was the Queen of Hearts. Here are a few pics:





~ Played Bunco - one of our favorite games!

~ Had some great meals.

Well, that's all I can remember now...I'll be adding more as I remember or my sisters remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment